50% off for Subscribers and IIF Members.
Forecasting Product and Temporal Hierarchies
Techniques for Forecasting Product and Temporal Hierarchies
Demand uncertainty is among the biggest forecasting challenges, causing companies to invest in new software and implement new methods.
The newest Foresight guidebook explores another option: using data’s hierarchical characteristics to reduce supply chain uncertainty. It contains:
- Choosing Levels of Aggregation for Supply Chain Forecasts
- Forecasting by Cross-Sectional Aggregation
- The Application of Product-Group Seasonal Indexes to Individual Products
- Forecasting Seasonal Time Series Using Aggregate and Analogous Series
- Optimally Reconciling Forecasts in a Hierarchy
- Resolving a Family Feud: Market-Facing versus Lean Manufacturing Families
- Forecasting by Temporal Aggregation
- Improving Forecasting via Multiple Temporal Aggregation
Use this guidebook to explore in-depth two forecasting approaches – cross-sectional and temporal aggregation – which will almost certainly help you reduce uncertainty.
Published January 2015, 56 pages, PDF format.